5 Things You Won’t Want to Forget for a Successful Bathroom Remodel
Finally ready to pull the trigger and get that bathroom remodel underway? Hold that thought! You’ve probably considered some of the essentials, like what you want the counter top, floor, and shower to look like – but before you take the plunge (pun intended), we put together a list of oft-overlooked elements that you’ll want to keep in mind before you get started:
• Plumbing and piping. If your dream bathroom remodel includes a new location for your sink and/or shower, keep in mind that there may be added costs associated with adjusting your plumbing and piping. Using Emprove’s platform, you can see the cost differential by specifying you need something removed or relocated, instead of replaced.
• Lighting. One reason you might like pictures of your dream bathroom so much? Part of the answer may have to do with the lighting. Consider whether you want your lighting to contribute to functionality or aesthetic, and pick your poison: recessed light fixtures can help brighten up a room, and vanity lights are useful whether you’re putting on makeup or shaving.
• Storage space. Consider who’s using this bathroom and what they might need to store, whether it’s extra towels or beauty products. Make sure you have the space you need and the shelving that supports it!
• Ventilation. Moisture from the shower can lead to mold and mildew. Make sure your bathroom is set up with a fan that vents to the outside, or a window, so your bathroom can maintain pristine surfaces and finishes.
• The details. It’s easy to look at a beautiful bathroom and not overtly notice the wall finish, trim and wainscoting. But chances are, they are a big part of why you like it. Don’t forget the details, and do your research to figure out which details, and what quality, fits into your budget.
With these tips in mind, you can feel confident that your bathroom will be fit for a queen- or at least your friends and family.